Wednesday 4 February 2015

Cute Baby Stuff Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies

Cute Baby Stuff Biography

Source:- Google.com.pk


By Sharon Schneider, Moxie Jean CEO

I’ve brought three of my own babies home from three different hospitals, and I learned more each time about what we really needed.
First, you will be relieved to know you don’t need baby clothes for the time you are in the hospital. The nurses dress your baby in a little onesie and keep him/her wrapped up in a thin “receiving blanket.” They also put a little hat on the baby’s head to keep it warm, as babies aren’t great at regulating their body temperature and they lose a lot of heat through their heads.
So the time actually in the hospital is taken care of. But what about departure day? Here are my top 5 tips for when it’s time to go home:
1) Bring layers: For that going home outfit, you will want something picture-worthy. But remember it has to be comfortable, too. I put a plain onesie underneath, and lean toward one-piece outfits on top.
2) Watch the head: Or better yet, avoid it. For new parents, dealing with the floppy head of a newborn is scary stuff! They just seem so delicate. Think about the neck opening of newborn clothes. You want a nice roomy neck and preferably something that buttons in front so you don’t have to fit it over their head or figure out how to get snaps done on the baby’s back. I also avoid lace or other fussy stuff around the neck as it is more likely to just be annoying or scratchy for that precious sensitive skin.
3) Bring a backup outfit: Your baby might be a cute little 6 lbs 5 oz. munchkin. Mine were not. They were all over 8 pounds at birth, and my son was almost 10 pounds. So they wore size newborn for like five minutes. Go light on the newborn-size clothing and bring a back-up outfit in size 0-3 mos.
4) Keep it simple: Look, you have to put the baby into a car seat in whatever cute outfit you dress him/her in. Remember that means a buckle between the legs and over the shoulders. Too much frill and fuss will not make your baby happy.
5) Bring a blanket for covering the baby on the ride home: Even if it’s 90 degrees out, you are going to want to cover those delicate, tiny little legs. And the hospital won’t let you take theirs.
Bonus tip: Pack up all the stuff the hospital gives you. Washcloths, wipes, diapers, creams, soaps and lotions, pacifiers. Hospitals are like restaurants and if you don’t use whatever they put out for you, they just throw it out. So clean out the bottom of your baby’s hospital crib: you can use the supplies when traveling and to stock your diaper bag.
Image source: Flickr Creative Commons
Sharon-profileSharon Schneider is co-founder & CEO of Upscale Resale web site Moxie Jean, which sells hand-picked newborn baby clothes from Newborn to Size 8. She and her husband are raising their three young kids in the Chicagoland area.
Comments 33 Pin It«152avatarBabyCenter Guest Blogger
Follow
Content that appears under this byline was created by guest bloggers who are not employees of BabyCenter. We believe that...
Read BabyCenter Guest Blogger's full bio »
RECENT POSTS:
Pieces of hard-earned wisdom from a mother of 12 children »
7 tips for great bumpstyle on a budget »
See more of BabyCenter Guest Blogger's posts »
33 Responses to 5 things to know about baby’s coming-home outfit
Julie says:
August 12, 2013 at 6:24 am
I definitely wanted my baby’s own clothes for the hospital..especially warm pj’s..hospitals are cold! And my hospital did let me take the blanket home. I brought my own warm blankets, too, for the baby. I guess not every experience is the same.
Jen says:
August 12, 2013 at 7:51 am
Onsie gowns with the elastic at the bottom are what I used for my newborns. Super easy at changing time and just add little socks or pants for the car ride home.
Another reason to take things with you from the hospital, they will charge you for everything consumable in the room anyway, including the entire box of gloves most the time.
Abby says:
August 12, 2013 at 8:06 am
And as a hospital employee, can I just remind people that not EVERYTHING they use for your baby is a free take-away. Yes you can grab the diapers and the vasoline and lotion but yeah, the blankets, sleep sack and onesies are things that can get expensive and the the hospital does indeed use again. If you have questions, ask your nurse. They’ll gladly help you pack up what’s yours to keep.
ter702 says:
August 12, 2013 at 10:02 am
My hospital didn’t provide clothes for the baby. Just a disposable paper shirt, which I was advised to changer her out of.
Jlynn says:
August 12, 2013 at 10:52 am
My son ran hot and they had me leave him in just a diaper when swaddled. They even took his hat off and told me not to hold him too much as his temp kept spiking. Our room was hot and the thermostat was broke so every time we complained the nurse would try o turn it down but it would not work was only in there less than 24 hours thankfully. This was the end of March in Vermont so heat was needed.
AS says:
August 12, 2013 at 1:01 pm
Something that goes on easily over the belly button stump. I am a believer in bringing them their own PJs too. It is good practice dressing the babe in the hospital before you get home :)
We were told to take our receiving blankets home.
britt says:
August 12, 2013 at 2:51 pm
My hospital told me that everything cloth was theirs (blankets, onesies, etc) but everything else I could take!
nelly says:
August 12, 2013 at 6:22 pm
I’m a new time mom to be and this right here is very use full advice. And really i ddnt know you couldnt take the baby blanket home );
Elizabeth S. (Russia) says:
August 12, 2013 at 8:56 pm
Similar to what people have said, I was told by hospital staff that everything plastic/paper/disposable was ours to take. That included the plastic water pitcher/basin. We did keep a little knit blanket that was with him in the NICU.
We brought a onesie for his going-home outfit and I found it hard to put on. What was recommended to me was the “kimono”-style garments, like the little long-sleeve button down shirts. He wore a lot of those and a diaper in the beginning.
Katie says:
August 12, 2013 at 9:19 pm
I had newborn and 0-3 outfits in our hospital bag. They were precious. Our little man was born 6 pounds, 4 ounces. Those outfits swallowed him. Hubby had to make a run to BabyGap for the premie clothes that only they sold! (I believe WalMart sells some premie clothes, as well.) It doesn’t hurt to have one premie outfit if your baby is measuring small, lol.
Jules says:
August 13, 2013 at 1:03 am
If you’re delivering somewhere overseas, though, make sure to ask about what you can take. They don’t provide onesies where I am, and the blanket the kidlet had when he was born was definitely not for bringing home. Lotions and what-not were provided, but they were communal and in enormous tubs at the changing station.
Junie says:
August 13, 2013 at 1:23 am
the hopspital that i gave birth told me i can keep the clothing as a souvenir if i want to.
Amanda says:
August 13, 2013 at 5:13 am
I had the opposite problem with clothing — I bought and packed a newborn outfit and a 0-3 month outfit just in case…. but my baby was born early. She was so small, she needed preemie clothes for several weeks!
Shan says:
August 13, 2013 at 5:18 am
I would def bring my own sleep clothing for the baby! It was freezing in the hospital and the onesie they had on my baby just didn’t cut it. Also, not every baby is born big. Mine were always on the smaller side and needed a preemie outfit. Just buy a few and keep the tags on until you know which ones you will need.
Amanda says:
August 13, 2013 at 5:20 am
I always kept my kids hats and first clothes. I have a dog and they recommend you let him smell the hat before bringing in baby. And I have it in a baby box along with other first items.
ADVERTISEMENT
Free Stuff, Coupons, Sweepstakes & More!
BabyCenter loves a good deal. Check out Free Stuff & Great Deals for coupons, savings, and sweepstakes.
See all the savings at BabyCenter's Free Stuff & Great Deals.
lisa says:
August 13, 2013 at 6:16 am
My daughter was 8lbs 2oz and the newborn clothes were HUGE on her! I mean who would have thought an 8lb baby in preemie clothes?! But she was tall so i ended up putting her in something that was not my “going home” choice :-( so I agree, bring preemie, newborn, and a 0-3 just to be on the safe side so you dontvend up disapointed!
Sandy D says:
August 13, 2013 at 6:22 am
My baby was born 7lb 3 oz. He didn’t fit newborn clothes, went to 0-3 and 3months clothes. Now he is 2 and 1/2 months and weights more than 12 lbs and almost wears 6 months clothes. Like adults it depends on where the clothes were bought. These were Carters brand.
Sharon Schneider says:
August 13, 2013 at 6:50 am
These are all great additions and suggestions. Thanks for all the comments and sharing your experiences! I still have my kids’ newborn hats, too, as a keepsake.
Steph says:
August 13, 2013 at 7:04 am
Definitely bring a preemie outfit! Just in case. And always remember babies rarely go home weighing the same as when they were born. They lose weight. My lil guy was born at 5lbs 10oz but was only 5lbs 6oz when we took him home. He was swimming in his newborn outfit and diapers. He wore preemie clothes and diapers for a few weeks before he fit comfortably in newborn size. After that of course, he grew like a weed and was in 0-3 before I knew it! Another thing to keep in mind. DON’T stock up on newborn diapers!! You’ll use A LOT more size 1s. I think we used 1 box of nb but size 1 for a few months.
Melissa says:
August 13, 2013 at 7:24 am
My hospital doesn’t supply any clothes at all. Just warm blankets to swaddle in. Also as a first time mom everybody told me don’t bother with new born size clothes its a waste of money and they are not in them for very long. Well I had Gestational Diabetes and all my moms baby’s were over due so I was expecting a late huge baby. Well my water broke at 36 weeks and my huge baby was born at 5lbs 6oz 17″ long went home with me 3 days later weighing 5lbs 4oz. All I had was 0-3 month gender neutral sleepers. They were huge on her. I lived in northern Alberta and preemie or nb sized clothes were not available anywhere. I had to have all mine mailed up from Edmonton. So baby number 2 I was prepared with NB clothes but then we needed preemie. She was born weighing 4lbs 14oz went home weighing 4lbs 10oz. And third baby a boy I stocked up on a ton of preemie and NB and the only super cute preemie going home outfit was $55. He went home weighing 4lbs 8oz. Then I actually had way too much NB size and not enough 0-3 this time. Can’t win I tell ya.
Bernadette says:
August 13, 2013 at 7:29 am
My 3 children all came home in the same thing. The oldest is 30 and the youngest is 23 and the middle one is 28. The oldest and youngest were born in March and the middle one was born in August. I put a onsie on them with a flannelette newborn nightie (old school that had one tie at the back of the neck), a pair of socks and a sweater, hat and booties. We put a blanket over them once strapped into their car seats. Those nighties were so handy. They fit all babies. If baby was on the small side you could fold up the bottom. Diapers were easy to change, no fighting with little legs and no snaps to fight with either. We were allowed to bring home diapers, Vaseline, baby wash, wipes and measuring tape.
wsnyder64 says:
August 13, 2013 at 9:44 am
as Bradley answered I am shocked that any body can earn $8924 in 4 weeks on the internet. have you seen this website 
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
MarinaKC says:
August 13, 2013 at 12:06 pm
Extra clothes in different sizes for sure. My son was too big for newborn clothes. A hat or two. The one hospital provided was too small for my son’s head and never stayed on. Plus I just hated the fabric.
I would totally agree with taking everything you could home with you. The comment about onesies and other stuff being expensive for hospitals to get therefore we cant take everything home made me laugh out loud. With the huge bills hospitals charge you id say take that tv also LOL. Nurses have no no clue what the the hospital charge you for but all those supplies even disposable gloves for nurses and doctors are included in the bill, believe me.

Emily H. says:
August 13, 2013 at 1:02 pm
I didn’t pack an outfit for any of my three children. We never knew what we were going to have so once the baby was born, my husband went out and picked out the outfit we’d bring baby home in. We had looked around a little bit before each birth so he had some ideas of what I liked and there was a mall very close to the hospital. This way, my husband did something special for the new baby, we didn’t need to worry about having the wrong size or needing to return anything later on.

Sarah says:
August 14, 2013 at 6:51 am
I some know that my hospital “let”me take the receiving blankets…but I did

Alayna says:
August 14, 2013 at 1:34 pm
My son was 7 lbs 10 oz. We did take all the diapers and I think the nasal bulb and that pitcher they give you for ice chips. lol. And of course the diaper bag and the formula they gave away to all moms at the time(this was 5 years ago). And I believe they even gave us 2 receiving blankets and a hat to take home. The night he was born the hospital put a white long sleeved t-shirt on him and just his diaper and the receiving blanket. He was born late December so I had a long sleeve, footed pajama that buttoned all the way up the front to take him home in. Then I put socks on his hands so he didn’t scratch his face, and a hat I had brought. I don’t remember what size the outfit was, either NB or 0-3 months, but it did swallow him. But there is no way I’d send someone on an emergency run just to buy an outfit from a store that “fit” and hadn’t been washed yet. I tucked him up in his car seat with blankets, since his outfit was loose. Our 2nd is due late September, and I have a NB and a 0-3 months outfit washed and packed in my hospital bag. Both are long sleeved footed pajamas that button up the front also. And of course socks for her hands, which stay on wayyyy better than those cute little mittens.

Tiny Pinky says:
December 11, 2013 at 8:57 pm
Baby boy outfits don’t get as much love as baby girl outfits, but we try to make it easy for you:

check this out: http://goo.gl/FE352r

MrsCRM says:
March 15, 2014 at 2:59 pm
our hospital gave us everything. Blankets, swaddle blankets, diapers, wipes, nipple shields.. everything! So lucky!

Diana says:
July 3, 2014 at 10:00 pm
Check out Baby Coming Home Outfits on Etsy:
http://Www.etsy.com/shop/londinlux

Cute Baby Onesies says:
October 6, 2014 at 7:54 am
it all depends on the weather and other factors, your baby should have comfortable baby clothes and outfit when leaving the hospital.

alex mom says:
October 22, 2014 at 11:39 pm
Well all this advice is great, I am a mom to be due in five days actually but I already packed my baby boy bag for the hospital. Need I let you all know this is MY FIRST KID AT 25!! So my mother and mother in law are driving me nuts!!! He has three onesies along with matching hats mittens and booties,My husband brought plenty of recieving blankets and demand I packed four Just in case! My bestfriend is in nursing school and she told me to pack extra diapers of my choice and wipes as well. My kid has a going home auburn winter fit since its like 60 degrees in alabama as of now.. so by ne having all of my gadgets do you guys think i should take what they give me to take home? Since I am being charged for it or leave it there for disposal. Or should i just bring a extra bag! Cause I am humble I will eventually use the stuff.

best waterproof iPhone 6 plus cases says:
November 6, 2014 at 9:07 pm
What you’re gaining is the experience of having a naked iPhone, but with added scratch and bump protection. Also, the front of The Veil is perfectly formed to the curved glass edges of the iPhone and leaves plenty of space for a screen protector.

BuckeyeMomx09 says:
December 10, 2014 at 7:08 am
My daughter was 7lbs 12oz, and the newborn outfit I brought for her was HUGE. Thankfully I had also brought the cutest preemie button up onesie, and she fit perfectly in that. My hospital let me take everything, including the blanket and a couple of onesies that had the cloth that folds over the hands so they don’t scratch themselves. They also gave me a bag to put all that stuff in. I had her late April, so even though it was nice outside, she still needed a hat and a blanket, and her onesie was long sleeved and had pants.


Cute Baby Stuff  Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies
Cute Baby Stuff  Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies
Cute Baby Stuff  Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies
Cute Baby Stuff  Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies
Cute Baby Stuff  Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies
Cute Baby Stuff  Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies
Cute Baby Stuff  Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies
Cute Baby Stuff  Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies
Cute Baby Stuff  Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies
Cute Baby Stuff  Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies
Cute Baby Stuff  Cute Babies Pictures With Love Quotes Wallpapers With Pink Dress Wallpapers Images With Purple Dress And Puppies

No comments:

Post a Comment